BECOME COMPLIANT TO VOLUNTEER AT ST. ANDREW PARISH
Contact: Mary Beasecker, 614-451-4290, ext. 7, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are an invaluable group of individuals who provide a sense of community for the many parish activities at St. Andrew. To keep all of our activities safe for the youngest of our parishioners, all volunteers are asked to complete the Protecting God’s Children Training Program. To become compliant, all volunteers must complete the following process:
- Complete the Volunteer Application here.
- Attend a three-hour interactive session that details the importance of keeping our children safe through awareness and vigilance. To register for a session, visit www.virtus.org.
- Provide a current Bureau of Criminal Investigation criminal background report
- Sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct
ST ANDREW PARISH WILL HOST A TRAINING SESSION VIA ZOOM ON WEDNESDAY, OCT. 11, 2023, AT 6:00 PM
- To register for this session or view a list of all sessions (live and remote) within the Diocese of Columbus, visit the VIRTUS WEBSITE. Select the "Columbus, OH Diocese" from the drop-down menu.
- Please note these special instructions for Zoom sessions:
- Only registered participants are able to attend and receive credit for this session. No “onsite” registration will be taking place. Please do not share the login credentials.
- You must be able to participate on a PC, smartphone, or tablet device with audio and video-sharing capabilities. Participants must keep the ZOOM conference window maximized and their cameras active during the entire session.
- A Zoom account is not required to participate, though many of you may find it helpful to create one. Please sign in using the full name that you used when you registered. You are also encouraged to download the Zoom application before signing in.
- The session will begin promptly at 6:00 PM As with our onsite sessions, participants will not be permitted to join the session once the first video has begun. The session will take the same amount of time (2.5-3 hours) as an onsite session.
- Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the functions of your device before the session begins. This is especially important for your microphone and audio functions. The facilitator will not be able to provide technical support during the sessions.
- The facilitator will provide participants with instructions for participant interactions at the beginning of the session.
- Participation certificates will be distributed by e-mail after the session. Login information and password will be sent 24 hours prior to the session. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM AND JUNK FOLDER.
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE?
- Click here to visit the Diocese of Columbus Protecting Our Children web page which provides a host of resources and additional information.
- Visit www.virtus.org for educational resources and material regarding keeping our children safe and much more.
- For details regarding the Safer Environment Policy for St. Andrew Parish, click here.
NEED TO CONFIDE IN SOMEONE? NEED TO REPORT WARNING SIGNS?
Contact one of the following confidential sources:
- Regina Quinn (Diocese of Columbus),614-241-2565, email@example.com
- Msgr. Stephan J. Moloney, 614-451-4290, ext. 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Beasecker, 614-451-4290, ext. 7, email@example.com