Contact: Tina White 614-451-2855, email@example.com
The Parish School of Religion is open to children in grades 1 through 8 who do not attend St. Andrew School. Volunteer teachers are trained as catechists and use approved materials to instruct children in our faith.
- First- through fifth-grade students meet every Wednesday beginning in September, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Sixth- through eighth-grade students meet every Sunday evening beginning in September, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Typically, on the last Sunday of the month, students will attend the Youth Ministry program. Youth Ministry is considered an integral part of PSR and is counted as class attendance.
- Individual accommodations can be made for those students who cannot attend classes as they are scheduled.
2022/2023 Registration and Enrollment Material
2022/2023 PSR Calendars
- Registered Parishioner: $270
- Non-Parishioner: $335
- Registered parishioners receive a $50 tuition discount if paid in full by August 17, 2021 (postmarked or received by August 17, 2022).
PSR PARENT HANDBOOK (2022-23 handbook to come)
I acknowledge receipt of the Parish School of Religion Handbook and agree to all rules and guidelines included therein.
Second Grade/First Eucharist Students:
- Baptismal Certificate
- 2023 Jesus Day in preparation for First Eucharist: Friday, May 5, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Nugent Parish Hall
- First Communion: Saturday, May 6, 11 a.m., Church
Eighth Grade/Confirmation Students:
- Baptismal Certificate Required
- 2023 Confirmation Retreat:
- Date: October 9, 2022
- 10:30 a.m. Mass followed by a retreat in Nugent Parish Hall, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2023 Confirmation Practice:
- 2023 Confirmation: Sunday, March 5, 3 p.m.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Kathy Dowler, 614-451-2855, ext. 305, firstname.lastname@example.org
This Montessori-concept program emphasizes faith formation within a prepared environment called the Atrium. The children work with models of altar materials, infancy narratives and parables to deepen their relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd. Time in the Atrium is scheduled as a regular part of first and second-grade PSR classes. The Catechesis curriculum serves as a supplement for traditional religious education in the school program for children in grades kindergarten through fourth.
Contact: Kathy Dowler, 451-2855, ext. 305, email@example.com
- Teaching (Catechist)
- Classroom Aid (Assistant Catechist)
- Substitute Catechist
- Jesus Day Volunteer (2nd Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Retreat Volunteer (8th Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Reception Volunteer (7th Grade Parents Only)
All volunteers must be compliant with the St. Andrew Safer Environment Policy. For more information, contact Mary Beasecker, firstname.lastname@example.org