Contact: Suzie Emsweller, 614-451-2855, email@example.com
The Parish School of Religion is open to children in first through eighth grades who do not attend St. Andrew School. Volunteer teachers are trained as catechists and use approved materials to instruct children in our faith.
- First- through fifth-grade students meet every Wednesday beginning in September, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Sixth- through eighth-grade students meet every Sunday night beginning September, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Typically, on the last Sunday of the month, students will attend the Youth Ministry program. Youth Ministry is considered an integral part of PSR and is counted as class attendance.
- Individual accommodations can be made for those students who cannot attend classes as they are scheduled.
Administrative Assistant: Sally Shough, 614-451-2855
Links to 2018/2019 Registration and Enrollment Material
- Registered Parishioner: $270
- Non-Parishioner: $335
- Registered parishioners receive a $50 tuition discount if paid in full by August 14, 2019 (postmarked or received by August 14, 2019).
- PSR Parent Handbook (pdf)
- Please remember to sign and return the Parent Handbook Receipt Form found at the end of the Handbook.
- PSR Calendar Grades 1 through 5 (pdf)
- PSR Calendar Grades 6 through 8 (pdf)
- 2018/2019 Eighth Grade Confirmation Calendar (to come)
Second Grade/First Eucharist Students:
- Baptismal Certificate
- 2019 Jesus Day in preparation for First Eucharist: Friday, May 10
- 2019 First Eucharist: Saturday, May 11: 11 a.m.
Eighth Grade/Confirmation Students:
- Baptismal Certificate Required
- 2019 Confirmation Retreat:
- Sunday, February 24
- 10:30 a.m. Mass followed by a retreat in Nugent Parish Hall, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 2019 Confirmation Practice:
- Tuesday, February 26
- 6:30 p.m., sponsor & student meet in school upper hallway
- 2019 Confirmation: Sunday, March 3
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Kathy Dowler, 614-451-2855, ext. 305, firstname.lastname@example.org
This Montessori-concept program emphasizes faith formation within a prepared environment called the Atrium. The children work with models of altar materials, infancy narratives and parables to deepen their relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd. Kindergarten classes meet on Mondays from 4 to 5 p.m. or Wednesdays from 4:30 to 5:40 p.m. Time in the Atrium is scheduled as a regular part of first and second grade PSR classes. The Catechesis curriculum serves as a supplement for traditional religious education in the school program for children in grades kindergarten through fourth.
Contact: Sally Shough, 451-2855
- Teaching (Catechist)
- Classroom Aid (Assistant Catechist)
- Substitute Catechist
- Jesus Day Volunteer (2nd Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Retreat Volunteer (8th Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Reception Volunteer (7th Grade Parents Only)
All volunteers must be compliant with the St. Andrew Safer Environment Policy. For more information, contact Mary Beasecker, email@example.com