Contact: Suzie Emsweller, 614-451-2855, email@example.com
The Parish School of Religion is open to children in first through eighth grades who do not attend St. Andrew School. Volunteer teachers are trained as catechists and use approved materials to instruct children in our faith.
- First- through fifth-grade students meet every Wednesday beginning in September, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Sixth- through eighth-grade students meet every Sunday night beginning September, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Typically, on the last Sunday of the month, students will attend the Youth Ministry program. Youth Ministry is considered an integral part of PSR and is counted as class attendance.
- Individual accommodations can be made for those students who cannot attend classes as they are scheduled.
Please note: because of the continued spread of COVID-19, we have decided to begin the PSR year virtually. We do not anticipate that this will be permanent.
With the support of our catechists, we will be using the Zoom platform to instruct the children. The date for resuming PSR is September 9, 2020 (grades 1 through 5) and September 13, 2020 (grades 6 through 8).
Administrative Assistant: Sally Shough, 614-451-2855
Links to 2020/2021 Registration and Enrollment Material
- Registered Parishioner: $270
- Non-Parishioner: $335
- Registered parishioners receive a $50 tuition discount if paid in full by August 19, 2020 (postmarked or received by August 19, 2020).
PSR PARENT HANDBOOK (pdf)
I acknowledge receipt of the Parish School of Religion Handbook and agree to all rules and guidelines included therein.
- PSR Calendar Grades 1 through 5 (to come)
- PSR Calendar Grades 6 through 8 (to come)
- 2020/21 Eighth Grade Confirmation Calendar (to come)
Second Grade/First Eucharist Students:
- Baptismal Certificate
- 2021 Jesus Day in preparation for First Eucharist: TBD
- In light of distancing guidelines, we will hold two separate Eucharistic celebrations:
- Saturday, May 1, 11 a.m.
- Saturday, May 8, 11 a.m.
Eighth Grade/Confirmation Students:
- Baptismal Certificate Required
- 2022 Confirmation Retreat:
- Date: TBD
- 10:30 a.m. Mass followed by a retreat in Nugent Parish Hall, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2022 Confirmation Practice:
- 2022 Confirmation: TBD
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Kathy Dowler, 614-451-2855, ext. 305, firstname.lastname@example.org
This Montessori-concept program emphasizes faith formation within a prepared environment called the Atrium. The children work with models of altar materials, infancy narratives and parables to deepen their relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd. Time in the Atrium is scheduled as a regular part of first and second-grade PSR classes. The Catechesis curriculum serves as a supplement for traditional religious education in the school program for children in grades kindergarten through fourth.
Contact: Suzie Emsweller, 451-2855
- Teaching (Catechist)
- Classroom Aid (Assistant Catechist)
- Substitute Catechist
- Jesus Day Volunteer (2nd Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Retreat Volunteer (8th Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Reception Volunteer (7th Grade Parents Only)
All volunteers must be compliant with the St. Andrew Safer Environment Policy. For more information, contact Mary Beasecker, email@example.com