Contact: Suzie Emsweller, 614-451-2855, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to children in 1st through eighth grades who don’t attend St. Andrew School. Volunteer teachers are trained as catechists and use approved materials to instruct children in our faith.
- First through fifth grades meet every Wednesday, beginning September 7 , 2016, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Sixth through eighth grades meet every Sunday night, beginning September 11, 2016, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Typically, on the last Sunday of the month, students will attend the Youth Ministry program. Youth Ministry is considered an integral part of PSR and is, therefore, counted as class attendance.
- Individual accommodations can be made for those students who cannot attend classes as they are scheduled.
Administrative Assistant: Sally Shough, 451-2855
Links to 2017 Registration/Enrollment Material
- Registered Parishioner: $225
- Non-Parishioner: $315
- Registered parishioners receive a $25 tuition discount if paid in full by August 15, 2016. (Payments must be postmarked or received by August 15, 2016)
- PSR Parent Handbook (to come)
- Please remember to sign and return the Parent Handbook Receipt Form found at the end of the Handbook.
- PSR Calendar Grades 1 through 5
- PSR Calendar Grades 6 through 8
Second Grade/First Eucharist Students:
- Baptismal Certificate
- 2018 Jesus Day in preparation for First Eucharist: Friday, May 4, 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. in Nugent Parish Hall
- 2018 First Eucharist: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 11 a.m.
Eighth Grade/Confirmation Students:
- Baptismal Certificate & $25 Confirmation Fee
- 2018 Confirmation Retreat, Sunday, February 18, attend 10:30 a.m. Mass, then from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Nugent Hall
- 2018 Confirmation Practice, Tuesday, February 27, 6:30 p.m. (school upper hallway)
- 2018 Confirmation: Sunday, March 4, 3 p.m.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Contact: Kathy Dowler, 614-451-2855, ext. 143, email@example.com
This Montessori-concept program emphasizes faith formation within a prepared environment called the Atrium. The children work with models of altar materials, infancy narratives and parables to deepen their relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd. Preschool classes meet every Tuesday from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Kindergarten classes meet on Sunday from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. (during the 10:30 Mass). Time in the Atrium is scheduled as a regular part of first and second grade PSR classes. The Catechesis curriculum serves as a supplement for traditional religious education in the school program for children in grades kindergarten through fourth.
Contact: Sally Shough, 451-2855
- Teaching (Catechist)
- Classroom Aid (Assistant Catechist)
- Substitute Catechist
- Jesus Day Volunteer (2nd Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Retreat Volunteer (8th Grade Parents Only)
- Confirmation Reception Volunteer (7th Grade Parents Only)
- Click here for a complete list of volunteer opportunities