With more than 55 years of service, the St. Andrew Women’s Club brings the women of St. Andrew Parish together to inspire one another in Christian living. Its mission emphasizes works of support to our parish, our community and our country. Best known for the annual holiday bazaar, Breakfast with Santa and secret Santa as well as the spring fashion show, these events foster a sense of community spirit and raise funds for areas of need within the church and community. With funds raised through donations and special events, the Women’s Club provides support to areas such as the Parish School of Religion (PSR), the St. Andrew Preschool; beautification projects in the church and choir; altar care and the parish altar servers by purchasing cassocks and surplices; the Bryce Eck Activity Center; the Open Shelter; the Missionaries of Charity; and scholarships for 8th grade students. The Women’s Club also recognizes the importance of support through prayer and ministry. The group is responsible for daily rosary recitation; the Prayer Line; an annual spiritual retreat to encourage ongoing adult faith formation; a Lenten Soup Supper with a guest speaker; and provides donations to single mothers through Birthright. In addition, the group sponsors the Bloodmobile, and offers books and other religious articles to area prisons. For additional information, send an email to email@example.com.
The women of St. Andrew serving God by: building community and friendship; growing in faith; and making a difference.
2018 Eighth Grade Scholarship Opportunity
- Two eighth grade students who are attending a Catholic high school for the 2018-19 school year are eligible
- Each scholarship is for $1,500, winners are chosen from written essays
- Scholarship Essay Writing: Thursday, April 26; after school in the classrooms
- Pre-register: Monday, April 16 through Thursday, April 26
- Contact: Mr. Wichtman, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mrs. Emsweller, email@example.com, to pre-register
For more information about Women’s Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.