St. Andrew Bible Study allows participants to grow closer to Christ and His Church through the study of Sacred Scripture. Studies chosen are Catholic-based Bible studies and use the Catechism of the Catholic Church for reference. The weekly study programs are a combination of individual study, small group discussions and DVD lectures. Various sessions are held throughout the year.
- Follow Me: The Gospel of John
- Tuesdays, Sept. 12 to Nov. 7 (except 10/31)
- 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Nugent Parish Hall
- Jesus calls us to be more than simply believers — he calls us to be his disciples and his friends. The Gospel of John shows us that we could become like him and grow closer to him. “Follow Me: Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John” is your guide to a personal encounter with Christ. Cost is $21.95 to purchase a workbook.*
- Bishop Barron’s Mystery of God
- Thursdays, Sept. 7 to Nov. 30 (except 11/23)
- 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Multipurpose Room
- As a continuation of the Catholicism series, Bishop Barron unlocks the truth behind the Catholic Church’s most influential people. Through the minds and lives of St. Francis of Assisi to St. Catherine of Sienna, from Thomas Aquinas to Michael Angelo, John Henry Newman and G.K. Chesterton Christ’s teachings find new meaning for us. Join along with Bishop Barron as he explores the lasting influence of the Pivotal Players. Cost is $24.95 to purchase a study guide. *
*Please make checks payable to St. Andrew Parish with the name of the program in the memo section. This is also your registration. Please attach any vouchers you have for any of these programs to your check.
Annual Women’s Retreat
Share a weekend of reflection, prayer, and support with fellow Christian women. Held at St. Therese Retreat Center on Columbus’ east side, this beautiful facility offers a place where visitors can slow down and refresh, simply and quietly. Scheduled for Friday, Nov. 17 through Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, this year’s two night retreat will be facilitated by Fr. Josh Wagner. Meals, drinks and snacks are included in the cost of the retreat.
Legion of Mary
Contact: Jane Horner (See your Parish Guide and Directory for contact information)
St. Andrew members of the Legion of Mary meet to pray the Rosary and report on Legion related work on Friday mornings, immediately following the 8:30 a.m. Mass, in the Bryce Eck Activity Center Vrable Library or at an alternate location for the convenience of members.
Men’s Faith Sharing Gatherings
Contact: Paul Breen (See your Parish Guide and Directory for contact information)
Men come together for spiritual study, enrichment and fellowship for one hour, five times per month. On the first Saturday of each month there is the Men’s Fellowship Breakfast gathering at 7:30 a.m. in Nugent Parish Hall. During the month there are Men’s Faith Sharing gatherings on the first and third Wednesday mornings at 7 a.m. and on the second and fourth Saturday mornings at 8 a.m. in Nugent Parish Hall.
Parents In Prayer
Contact: Brenda Lombardi (See your Parish Guide and Directory for contact information)
All parishioners, as well as parents of children at St. Andrew School and PSR students, are welcome to gather for the recitation of the Rosary every Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. in the Bridal Room in the Parish Hall. Prayer intentions are said for the children and families, principals, teachers and supporting staff of school and parish and our priests, deacons and seminarians.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Contacts: Alex Clapper or Maggie Trela, email@example.com
The RCIA is a program offered for non-Catholics who may want to join the Catholic Church and Catholics who are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith. Sessions are held on Wednesdays, 7 to 9 p.m., early Fall through Spring and include prayer, fellowship, and instruction. Adult Catholics who have not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation are also invited to participate, and members of the parish are always welcome to attend.
St. Andrew Faith and Friendship (StAFF) Singles Group
Contact: Patrick Crosby, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Andrew Faith and Friendship (StAFF) singles group is a community of unmarried parishioners, ages 21 and older, who gather regularly to enhance their commitment to their faith and parish by participating in church, community service and social events. Past activities have included hosting cookouts on the rectory patio, attending parish social events and meeting monthly to make sandwiches for St. Lawrence Haven. This fun and energetic group is always looking for new members and participants may come to as many or as few events as desired.